|Species||Big Purple Dragon Thing that is Too Big|
|Homeworld||The Roaring Fires of Hell|
King K. Rool (Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather)
|Gender||Only Playable Male Metroid Character (FUCKING PLAYABLE)|
It’s a livin’!
—Ridley’s iconic catchphrase
Methinks a Ridley orgy is about to go down. A 50 mile perimeter must be evacuated.
RIDLEY HITS THE BIG TIME
—Ridley’s newcomer tagline when he was revealed to be FUCKING PLAYABLE
Ridley is the face of a thousand flame wars. He is sometimes appropriately called The Cunning God of Flame War.
Not to be confused with Ridleying or Ridley Scott (who Ridley is named after).
He's also FUCKING PLAYABLE.
Ridley was one of the most requested newcomers since he was shown in the Melee intro, with discussion of him flooding the pre-releases of both Brawl and Smash 4. He was the center of controversy during those days due to his size, with many arguing he was supposedly "too large and in charge" or “big” as some people put it. However, his supporters had their fair share of good arguments. During the Smash 4 pre-release, his status was debated after first being teased in the April Direct.
In the Super Smash Bros for Wii U 50-Fact Extravaganza, Ridley was finally revealed to be a stage boss, but was overshadowed because of Mewtwo. However, he acted a lot like a playable character without actually being one. Seriously, he had the movements, the icon, is KO'd the same way, had ledge grabs, had a collection of child porn on his computer. Honestly, no one was sure what to make of it.
But what people were sure of, it’s that Ridley was not playable. But perhaps, he would get his chance another day.
NO, YOU’LL GET IT TODAY! (and by today we mean like four years later)Edit
On June 12, 2018 the unthinkable happened
PICHU FINALLY MADE HIS GRAND RETURN Ridley was revealed to be FUCKING PLAYABLE in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, at the end of Nintendo’s E3 Direct, at that.
The reaction across the internet was one of surprise and happiness. (Or rage if you were one of his detractors.) Although, there were some who thought that he was “””too small””” but most of those people are just Ridley detractors who are angry that they were finally proven wrong. (Probably a bunch of Fire Emblem fans.). Though to be fair it does look like they scaled him down a little TOO much.
At this point, Ridley IS GameFAQs. Everything has to do with Ridley. People can no longer look at the word without seeing it as their vocabulary or watch any of Ridley Scott’s movies without thinking it was directed by an oversized space Pterodactyl. Ridley has evolved beyond his mortal form, and he is now a god of the board, along with Palutena and Sal Romano. Ridley is this board, and this board is Ridley.
energyman2289 bet his account that Ridley would be a playable character in Smash 4, and seemed rather confident (he lost the bet and closed his account. Should have waited till the next game.). See the topic here.
Now, here is Ridley clapping at the chaos he has caused. We now leave you with this message from BurnedPotatoes.
Ridley is f***ing playable.
Thank you for reading this message.
—BurnedPotatoes Predicting the Future
How To Unlock Edit
Sakurai said that Ultimate will start with the original 8 characters and you have to unlock all the others. How Ridley is unlocked is currently unknown, but will be added once it is well... known.
According to IGN, but unconfirmed,
- Classic Mode: Beat Classic Mode 6 times as Yoshi or any of the characters he unlocks along the way
- Vs. Mode Matches: Ridley is the 25th fighter to unlock by playing Vs. Mode Matches (you must actually play for a certain duration, not simply enter matches and then insta-quit them)
- Adventure Mode: Ridley can be found in the World of Light Adventure Mode in the Dracula's Castle dungeon in the Dark World, found by defeating The Creature & Flea Man Spirit before the final encounter.
List of people who were right right.
- Arne83, even though he doesn't act like one.
- Mikokiri, though would prefer him in his sports outfit.
- HerbertMcGee, doubted that Ridley would be playable, but would be pleasantly surprised if he was. He has now been pleasantly suprised.
- Patwhit01, even authored the RidleyFAQs fanfic.
- Svedeesh_Cheff: However, he enjoys Ridley as a boss character (and always selects the Pyrosphere stage when playing the Wii U version as Samus), and would NOT want the actual playable dragon cut in favor of Ridley.
- player_hater, who swears Ridley will be DLC after Mewtwo! (He was wrong, but Ridley is still FUCKING PLAYABLE.)
- Divine_shadow_, who was late to the wiki party
- TailLover, since Ridley has a nice tail.
Known Adversaries Edit
List of people who were wrong.
- Bwburke94 and his many alts
- Sakurai until he took the purple pill
- "Using a Mii Fighter, anyone can join the battle."
- He has a Twitter. You can follow him here.
- He was leaked by Bill Trinen.
- He is a boss and is THE boss.
- He loves flame wars.
- He wishes to have a game starring himself.
- Of course Ridley wouldn't be both a stage boss and a playable character at the same time. That's moronic. It's not like Duck Hunt is both a stage platform and a playable character at the same time. Wait, that’s a non-comparison because a stage boss is far more involved than a platform. Why would I say something so stupid.
- Ridley is the definition of style
- He's a big guy
- FOR YOU
- But sadly, he doesn’t have a mask that you ask him if taking it off would kill him. But Meta Knight has one, ask him.
- A 14 year old kid made him playable in Project M.... but he uses his Other M design, so it's trash.
- RIDLEY IS FUCKING PLAYABLE.
- AzureHero refers playable Ridely as "Fake Ridely" because playable Ridely is like a Fake Kraid from Super Metroid in that he is “””too small”””.
- Ridley fucking murdered Mario and Mega Man.
- Ridley is OfficialPotato's husband. They're very fucking gay for each other.